Thursday, June 11, 2009

Proverbs 17:17

Proverbs 17:17 (NIV) A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

When you have a true friend you can trust them with your reputation. When you have a true friend you can even trust them with talking about your negative actions in your life and know they will not condemn you for it, know they will not put you down for it because the bible says in Proverbs 17:17 "A friend loveth at all times and a brother is built for the day of adversity". You make a friend of Jesus and you have made a friend who is the creator of the universe. You will enter into covenant where that friendship will draw you up to His level.


Christ comes looking for us and He says, "Come to My place. Take My yoke upon you. Learn of Me My way is easy".

When you enter into covenant with Christ, He said that, "Everything that I have is yours, everything that you have is Mine. I will give you beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. I will give you health if you will give Me your sickness. I will give you My prosperity if you will give Me your poverty. I will give you My acceptance if you will give Me your loneliness. I will give you My authority if you will give Me your fear".

You see, that is why we call Calvary the great exchange. When we come to Jesus we make a decision to crown Him the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords of our life.

0 comments: